Texas Two Step Overdrive 110 FdpIn

cantabiblues
Bonjour à tous,

Je vend cette Texas Sound In a Box (SRV to ZZ TOP....two step...), que j'ai depuis de nombreuses année, assez rare sur le marché et fonctionnant à merveille. Comme neuve pour ainsi dire, juste les velcros du pedalboard sous la pédale. Pas d'écaille de peinture ou de problème électronique.
C'est une overdrive type TS808 mais pas que, parce qu'il y a un switch 3 positions et également un boost très utile pour lancer le solo.

Voici un descriptif assez complet, tiré de: http://www.guitargeek.com/chat(...)8952/

"EFFECT: Overdrive

PURCHASED FROM: Tone Factor

PRICE: $210 new

Prix MAJ: 100 euros!

USES:

An overdrive, very straight forward. I bought mine to take care of my basic high gain overdrive sounds half my dirty sounds (MXR D+ covering the other half)

CONSTRUCTION:

Top quality. Solid red box, input, power and output on the back which is a much better position for them. Looks great, solid switches, and solid switch for choosing compression. Very nice large raised and protected LEDs. Red for On/Off, green for rhythm/lead.

FEATURES:

Your basic drive, level and tone knobs; I'm sure you all know what they do.

It also has a switch at the top to switch between slightly compressed (left position), no compression (middle position) and moderate compression like your tubescreamer (right position)

Plus it has a second stomp switch which changes the EQ slightly of the pedal to become more of a lead overdrive.

SOUND:

Right position:

This is the compressed side, similar to your average tubescreamer. However I've AB'd it with my Route 66 overdrive (a TS-808 clone), and the TTS has something extra, a little bit more oomph and sparkle (and I thought it was a great overdrive) It sustains well, and otherwise acts like a tubscreamer, but jut sounds a little nicer IMO.

Left Position:

This is a slightly compressed overdrive, and this is where the TTS begins to show why its such a great overdrive. The low end is much greater than that of the right position, and the sound is obviously less compressed, sounding more natural and organic. It still sustains really well and it is a much more powerful sound. The high end has a nice sparkle, and there's not the mid hump.

Middle Position:

This is the non-compressed overdrive. This is wear the TTS really shines. The low end is incredible. So full and fat, but not losing anything from the high end, plus there is no annoying mid hump. It has a great raw natural ballsy sound, and the bass will make your testicles crawl back inside your body it makes my D+ sound slightly thin and nasally. It doesn't sustain quite as well as the other two (which is to be expected), but I've fallen in love with it natural tone, it's so powerful. ABing it with the Route 66, and it just sounds so much more natural, and how you would expect overdrive to sound. It lets your guitar shine through as well, reacting well to changes from neck to bridge pickups.

To quote Brad : It's pure cojones!

The seconds switch is an EQ change to more of a lead type of overdrive with a high mids boost so it cuts through more. However it is not really a volume boost, so you may need another boot to make it jump out a bit more. Works well to make chords cut through too.

There is a huge amount of volume to spare. On the left and middle positions, volume is equal with clean at about 10 o'clock. I haven't dared turn it past 1 o'clock for fear of exploding something or damaging the structure of buildings. On the right hand side, you need to turn the volume up a bit to get the volumes level and push it a bit harder to get a nicer tone.

Drive ranges from a nearly clean boost (there's just a little bit of grit) to a full on saturated overdrive (roughly the same amount of gain as a tubescreamer, but the ballsy and powerful tone and low end make it sound huge)

The tone control actually works! With every other overdrive I've used, I've needed to have the tone control virtually cranked to get the sound I want, and the tone control has seemed to make very little difference from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock.
Not with the TTS. The tone control actually reacts a bit more as I' expect and I get the same tone I would on another overdrive at about 3 o'clock.

It reacts well working with other pedals too. Sounds nice with a phaser or a hint of chorus, and it sounds lovely with a splash of reverb.

RELIABILITY:

I can not imagine a problem with it. The construction is top notch and I'm not at all worried. Even if it was to break, I've heard George Blekas is a top guy to deal with, and I'm sure he'd be able to help me with the problem. But I don't see that happening.

CONS:

One tiny problem is the imbalance in volume between the three settings. It would be nice if all three volumes matched up, and it was just compression added, but there is a volume drop, especially when going from the middle to right position. It's no really a problem though as you're only gonna be using one at a time.
It wouldn't hurt for the box to be slightly bigger so the switches were slightly further apart, but again, stomp carefully and you’ll be fine.
Last con is the price! but then you get what you pay for and this pedal is boutique, and costs $210 for a reason. I don't think I'll ever need another overdrive, so the price is worth it.

OVERALL SCORE:

9.5/10

Obviously, as I said there are a couple of very minor griped which lose it marks, but a 10 for sound definitely. If you are looking for a fat, natural sounding, versatile, warm bally overdrive with enough volume to collapse buildings…buy the TTS. You won't regret it. "

http://www.musictoyz.com/pedal(...)luxe/
http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-b(...)ptts2

1 review: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com(...)_step
1 vidéo youtube:

Le site du fabricant: http://pedalwor.startlogic.com/TTS.html

Les Photos:

Dernier(s) UP : 25/12/2015 22:50, 05/12/2015 11:51, 29/10/2015 10:48, 26/10/2015 00:38, 24/10/2015 23:36

En ce moment sur pédales et Effets...