2 produits référencés sur ce sujet

Mesa Boogie Mark V Five User's Club

Forum Mesa Boogie
Forums
tinouz
  • Publié par
    tinouz
    le 18 Jan 09, 08:42
J'ouvre ce topic pour parler du nouveau Mesa Boogie Mark V qui devrait sortir très prochainement, je ne connais pas la date exacte mais il devrait sortir fin janvier, début février je crois.
Ce nouvel ampli à l'air d'être tout simplement une tuerie, ça fait un moment que je m'y intéresse et si le son est au rendez-vous (mais y a pas de raisons vu le passé de la série Mark) ça devrait le faire.

Pour toutes les infos directions le site internet de Mesa : lien

Quelques photos de l'engin :

Le grand nombre de fonctions pourrait faire croire que c'est une vrai usine à gaz mais ça n'est pas le cas semble-t-il, il à l'air même plus facile d'utilisation que le Mark IV.
Concernant le prix ça devrait être au alentour de $2000...

Voilà j'aimerais savoir ce que vous en pensez ?
Bruno Cointreau
J'en pense que du bien!
Cependant grande interrogation sur le switching de canaux via un GSystem ou autre appareil...Faudra surement un câble spécial
littleguitar
avec un Z 11 Engl ou un Rockman Octopus non, pour le G system, il ne gère que 2 fonctions switch externe contrairement aux 8 des 2 autres.

Sur le papier, le V fait baver et j'éspère sincèrement qu'ils ont réussi à faire mieux que le IV ! à vérifier par soi même lorque çà sera arrivé chez nous !
Tubes, what else !
Grouic
  • Publié par
    Grouic
    le 18 Jan 09, 12:35
Quand je vois Mesa et Manulonch dans le même topic, j'accoure et là je suis un peu déçu.
Voici la punition : En marche ! (Rimbaud. Une saison en Enfer)
tinouz
  • Publié par
    tinouz
    le 18 Jan 09, 13:42
manulonch a écrit :
tinouz a écrit :
Concernant le prix ça devrait être au alentour de $2000..

Dans les 3500€ donc....

Oui malheureusement ça sera le soucis majeur de cet ampli et de la gamme mesa en général : les prix européens
"Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
littleguitar
croyez ce que vous voudrez, il sera au même prix que le MK IV, 2700 plein pot soit, 2300,2400 chez un revendeur sympa.

Je vous accorde bien volontiers que la différence sera énorme par rapport aux US ou il est annoncé officiellement à 1999$ la tête et 2099 le combo....soit 1500 euros la tête là bas...
Tubes, what else !
SECO59
  • Publié par
    SECO59
    le 18 Jan 09, 17:24
Je m'étais toujours promis qu'un jour je m'offrirais un Mark IV d'occaz, mais l'annonce de ce "petit" Mark V pourrait bien faire changer mes projets
littleguitar
risque d'en faire craquer plus d'un celui là...maintenant, je ne lâcherai pas mon MK IV avant d'avoir dument essayé le V !
Tubes, what else !
tinouz
Voilà une review pris sur HC d'un forumeur qui a testé l'ampli :
Citation:
Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy
I think this deserves it's own thread. This is guitarbilly74s review of the Mesa Mark V.

Sorry guys, I had to stop to take care of the kid.. but here we go:

So I had the chance to play the Mark V today. I could not take any pics of it but it is indeed the amp on top of John Petrucci’s rack. If you have ADD and don’t want to read the whole thing, let me just say this is the best new Mesa amp I’ve played in many years.

I’m a huge Mesa fan and I have owned a bunch of them, Nomad, Recto, F50, Studio Pre, Studio Caliber, Mark IIB, Mark IVb etc… I currently still own a DC10 and a Mark III, which has been my main amp for a few years. So I think I’m qualified enough to make comparisons.

The amp layout is very much like a Nomad head, you have the gain, eq, channel volume and presence for each channel and there are also 3 reverb knobs in the back. Each channel also has a 90/45/10w option and voicing switches. Then you have the GEQ and 3 contour knobs. You can either assign the contour or the graphic EQ to each invidual channel.

In the back there are option to use either tube or solid state rectifiers, but that varies according to the power setting.. The 90w option only uses the SS rectifier, the 45w option can use either one, and the 10w option uses the tube rectifier only. I did not play with the rectifier options so I will not comment on how they sound.

All this stuff sounds very complicated, but in fact, this is one of the easiest Mesas to dial in, I was able to get great tones almost right away on all 3 channels. I’m sure you can spend hours fine tuning it, but if you want to use this amp in a plug and play fashion, you could, the controls, while still very interactive, are not so hard to dial in as other Mesa amps. The front panel layout helps a lot in that regard, I’m happy that they chose to use the Nomad-style layout, since that’s pretty much the only good thing about the Nomad series.

Now let’s go the interesting part, the tones:

Channel one is the clean channel and it has 2 modes, the first mode is a very clean and pristine tone, very much like my DC10. In this mode the tone remains clean pretty much on all but the most extreme gain/volume setting and the amp sounds tight and precise, great for jazz runs or funk rhythms. Mode 2 is more of a LoneStar type of clean. Right away you feel the low end getting saggier and an increase on the mids. This mode goes into a wonderful crunchy tone in the higher gain settings. Think Andy Timmons’ “Electric Gypsy”. This channel is very different from my Mark III clean tones, again more like a DC or a LoneStar.

Channel 2 is the crunch channel and that’s where you finally realize you’re playing a Mark series amp. The classic Mark voicing is there, but the tone is much thicker, this amp has a huge amount of low end, not flubbly low end like a Recto, again it’s a Mark series, the amp remains tight and focused even on high settings. There is a 3-voicing voicing switch for this channel I forgot what the modes are called but basically the amp gets bigger and more aggressive from modes 1-3. This channel has more than enough gain and low end for metal and the low gain settings give you a nice crunch, especially when using the first (softer) mode.

Chaneel 3 is the one with most gain and the 3-way voicing here are labeled “Mark IIC+/Mark IV/Extreme. The first 2 are kind of self explanatory but the Extreme mode is really where it’s at. The best way to describe it is the Mark IIC+ core tone but with more bass, highs, mids, gain, etc…. Like a “supercharged” Mark IIC+. The amount of gain on this mode is simply ridiculous; I did not have to go past 12 o’clock on the gain to get a extremely aggressive metal tone, even at moderate volumes you can feel the low-end thump on the speakers. The lead tone has all the fluidity and incredible sustain that the Mark series is famous for and it’s so easy to shred on this amp. This mode also has an incredible fast response to your pick attack, you feel the amp responding to your playing almost immediately. I was playing at a low volume so it’s hard to tell but the amp showed no indication of getting muddy or flubby.

That’s the coolest thing about this amp, yeah it has a bunch of features and innovations, but it still is very much a Mesa Mark. The Mark core tone is there in spades. If you love the Mark III like I do, but need something more versatile, this is it. Compared to the Mark IV, I’d say this amp is miles ahead in terms of tone AND versatility. I also think it took the Mark tone to the next level, especially when it comes to more aggressive and modern tones.

I will be definitely buying one soon, to me it will be a free amp because I will sell my Mark III and my DC-10 to cover it’s cost. I ‘m confident that this amp is good enough to replace both amps. Easily.

As far as when it’s going to be released, they told me probably right after NAMM, price is around 2k.Again I could not take pics or clips and in fact was asked not even to post anywhere about it. But I don’t see why not, since this is a highly positive review so hey…
"Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
ryu
  • ryu
  • Custom Ultra utilisateur
  • MP
  • Publié par
    ryu
    le 19 Jan 09, 14:09
voilà à quoi ça ressemble
à 2:30 (regardez en haute qualité)

si vous aimez steve vai

www.stevevai.fr
Bakachan
J'attends toujours qu'un jour un type fasse une demo d'une ampli qui ne soit pas du gros schred de la mort qui tue, parce que moi, ca ne me parle pas quant au grain de l'ampli

En ce moment sur ampli et préampli guitare et Mesa Boogie...