AMPLIS DAVID BRAY (plexi MOD)--TOPIC---

legembloutois
Hello les gratteux!

Bon, puisqu'on en a parlé il y a peu et que pas mal d'entre nous trouve son travail vachement bien...

Pourquoi ne pas ouvrir un topic dédié aux amplis David BRAY ou a ses modifs!!!
vus qu'il n'y a rien a son sujet sur tout le forum!!
et que c'est tres tres rare d'en voir par chez nous et mm sur le net!!

Alors,je lance le topic avec qqs liens et videos d'un des meilleurs "moddeurs" de plexi et autres !!

et aussi de ses propres créations tels que les :

Bray 45 custom Plexi Style head: Based off of the JTM 45 produced in the sixties, this amp features a slightly cleaner and more mid focused sound, due to it's lower B+ voltage, tube rectifier, lower power filtering, and higher primary impedance on the output transformer. Custom built with your choice of voicing, mods and additional options. Small-box head cabinet.

Bray 50 custom Plexi Style head : A superior version of the famed 50 watt plexi, custom built for a variety of sounds including tight classic rock tones, “brown” sounds, on up through higher gain aggressiveness. For instance, buying one of these with a custom Mod 1 and a few push/pull options will get you both classic and brown, while adding the PLUS option will get you the even hotter higher gain sounds. Small-box head cabinet.

Bray 4550 custom Plexi Style head: This has become my best-selling amplifier. All the tone of the Bray 50, with the addition of a 5AR4 tube rectifier for even more bounce as well as flexibility. This latest version lets you switch between tube and solid state rectifiers. A Bray Mod 1 PLUS, Vintage/Hot Switch, Harmonic Switch, and High Cut on this amp is really amazing. Small-Box head cabinet.

Bray 100 custom Plexi Style head: For those needing serious power and headroom. Think of it as a Bray 50 with way more power. Custom built how you want. It can get as quiet as you need it to and still sound stellar. Raise the Output Level Control and never lose a volume war again. Large-box head cabinet.

le lien vers son site: http://davidbrayamps.com/

qqs clips sound: http://davidbrayamps.com/soundclips.html

sa chaine sur le tube : http://www.youtube.com/user/Da(...)yAmps

Voici également les MOD qu'il peut réaliser sur vos amplis (généralement, c'est souvent a paritr de classiques!

Plexi Mod/Re-work I PLUS *****NEW*****

This is everything that a Mod I is, with an added PLUS feature that adds a nice chunk of musical gain when you want it, making it extremely flexible. Many players have asked for a higher gain option on the Mod I with no compromise at all to the original, and this is it. To place the amp in PLUS mode, simply place the guitar cable into the PLUS input jack, pull out the push/pull switch, and let it fly.Hear it on the soundclips page.

JTM 45/50 Hybrid Mod/Rework I

These are becoming increasingly popular. I start with a JTM 45, install a 50-watt Heyboer Plexi output transformer, a set of EL34/6CA7s, then Mod/Rework the amp to taste. Think of it as a 50-watt Plexi, only with a tube rectifier and lower B+ voltage. More dynamic than a stock JTM45 with it's overly deep low end, but with an attack that is slightly more rounded than a 50-watt 1987x model. Works on the Bluesbreaker model, too. plus $175 for the output transformer, and cost of the tubes.

2061x 20-watt Mod/Rework I

Designed specifically for the Marshall 2061x 20-watt head, this gives the amp the ability for higher gain sounds while keeping the organic nature of the amp intact. Plugging into the left channel yields a hair more gain than stock, as well as a more ear-friendly EQ. Plugging your guitar into the right channel, the gain is greatly boosted, giving you the ability to really make those EL84s sing. In this mode, the tone pot of the right channel functions as a bass control, while the left side tone pot functions as a treble control, for expanded flexibility. Comes with a master, as other Mod/Reworks do, though on this particular, model, I prefer it cranked most or all of the way up Both channels can be heard on the soundclips page.

Plexi Mod/Re-work I

I designed this simply to satisfy myself. I've spent years altering the basic plexi circuit, and changing values and component composition throughout until I heard what I consider to be the perfect plexi tone. What I was going for was a basic design that was extremely dynamic and not too compressed, allowing my own style, or someone elses to shine thru. The gain was somewhat increased, along with a more musical and earthy EQ. The amp had to clean up well just by using the volume control on the guitar, as well. I have listened to many great players thru this amp design, and they all sound radically different. I find that this type of sound exhibits a player's style and personal tone, rather than masking it. It is by no means a "magic box", but if you are someone who has tone in their hands, you will love what it does.

Plexi Mod/Re-work II

Similar to the Plexi Mod/Rework, but with a fair amount of added gain, as well as a more modern voicing. This design steps a little further into modded Marshall territory and has excellent dynamics and clarity, even with the added sustain. Please check out the soundclips page to hear it.

Plexi Mod/Re-work III

This is an even hotter gain style. The amp still retains the plexi-style inputs where two channels are offered side by side...one brighter and one darker...yet you get the availibilty of plenty of extra gain. The tone controls become more active, as well. Comes with an onboard gain boost, using a push/pull pot on one of the front volumes. Can also be engaged with the included footswitch, that plugs into one of the front input jacks on the four-holers. A customized post-phase inverter master is included on the rear. Hear it on the soundclips page.

JTM 45 Mod/Re-work I

These are really fun amps. Excellent compression and clean-up characteristics, thanks to the use of a tube recifier. Available with the master volume, though some go without it, since they are only rated at 30 watts. Please check out the soundclips page to hear it.

"Bluesbreaker" Mod/Rework I

Basically a 2-12 combo-version of the JTM 45. Please check out the soundclips page to hear it.

2203/2204 Mod/Rework

This Mod/Rework is for those love the snappy attack and drive of the 2203/2204s, and want more of it, with an increae in gain and musicality. Also comes with the added master volume in the rear, which makes the amp extremely flexible, as you have more control as to what part of the circuit you get your gain from. Please check out the soundclips to hear it.

I perform the Bray Plexi Mod/Re-work I, II, and III on any four-input Marshall, as well as 2203/2204 models. Basically, all of the Marshalls with six knobs on the front, and without channel-switching or reverb. The Vintage Reissue series are what I work on the most, since they are plentiful and sound fantastic when completed. Plus, you won't have to worry about changing something that may be considered "vintage". I also work on "clone" amps fairly often, as well. It does'nt have to say "Marshall" on it.

Fender Mod/Rework

I work and perform Mod/Reworks on a variety of Fender amps, including but not limited to Deluxe Reverbs, Twin Reverbs, Super Reverbs, Bassmans, Bandmasters. Because many Fenders have two discreet channels, there can be extra benefits and possibilities. Cost is usually

Output Level Control

You can get these done with or without an Outout Level Control. Also known as the Wife Knob, this controls the overall outoput level of your amp, and is extremely transparent. Turn it down to ridiculous levels while still retaining concert gain and tone. Free with any of the Mod/Reworks. Alone,

Works well on a large number of amps, even ones with existing master volume controls. The existing master on your amp then becomes a secondary gain control, giving you alot more flexibility, as well as gain at lower volumes, if you want it. Turned up all of the way, it's the same sound as not being intalled, so you have your amp sounding and acting like it did before.

Dual Output Level Control

Same control mentioned above, except you get two, and use a footswitch to switch between them. Only one is functional at a time...this way, you can set one slightly louder (or MUCH louder) for a solo volume. Also is great for staying loud when you turn down your guitar's volume pot for a clean sound. Just like walking over and turning up your amp without the hassle. I use it myself and love it.

This can be installed on most tube amps. This is also useful on amps with traditional master volumes already installed. Cost is $195 if your amp is here for other work, or $205 by itself, including footswitch with LED.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Il y a plein de videos ou vous pourrez entendre comment ca sonne sur u-tube en tapant simplement son nom

Et si vous voulez voir et entendre ses créations, allez sur son u tube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Da(...)yAmps

voila, je grossirai le topic au fur et a mesure et je vous invite a poster si vous avez quoi que ce soit se rapportant a cette marque!!

a vous de jouer.................

seb
Maman disait toujours,n'est stupide que la stupidité!! F. Gump.

https://www.guitariste.com/for(...).html
ZePot
  • Publié par
    ZePot
    le 25 Oct 11, 16:05
Hahaha, ça sent le GAS !

David Bray fabrique des amplis mais il en modifie aussi beaucoup.

L'utilisateur Youtube "SoloDallas" a acquis une certaine popularité en reprenant du AC/DC avec LE son AC/DC. Son ampli était un Marshall 1987x avec la modif Bray.

http://www.solodallas.net/cate(...)vers/

Histoire de dire qu'on ne fait pas que du Van Halen avec ces amplis

legembloutois
ahhhhhhhh,le solodallas!

j'en ai matté de ses videos!!

il a vraiment le son faut dire qu'il a le toucher et le matos qui va avec (vieilles sg,...)
par contre, je ne savais pas que son amplis etait moddé par DB.

ZePot
  • Publié par
    ZePot
    le 28 Oct 11, 18:05
Je comprends que les gens hésitent à balancer 2000€ au pif...

Dans les amplis haut de gamme facon Bray, quelqu'un a essayé le dernier nom à la mode, les Dave Friedman/Marsha ?

Dans le même genre, en moins cher, il y a les nouveaux Ceriatone qui ont l'air mortels, le Chupacabra et le Yeti... Connaissant quelques Ceriatone, ca sonne et ca sonne vraiment Marshall. Et ca coûte deux fois moins cher qu'un Bray... Si je n'avais pas commandé le Bray, j'aurais commandé ca.

Moins exotique, il y a toujours la modif VHM, que tous les parisiens peuvent essayer à Pigalle. On en tire un super crunch, et là encore c'est très Marshall.

Bref, il y a quand même pas mal d'alternatives pour qui cherche un super Marshall...
fxdfxd
  • Publié par
    fxdfxd
    le 29 Oct 11, 20:36
T'as rien a regrette d'avoir pris le bray !
Les ceriatones, c'est quand pas super ! Surtout quand tu passes a du metroamp apres par exemple, ca fait tout bizarre !
Sinon le marsha a sonne super aussi

-fx
Fabricant des amplis
Fxamps et ACE amps
Rejoignez le Fxamps user club !!!
legembloutois
ZePot a écrit :
Je comprends que les gens hésitent à balancer 2000€ au pif...

Dans les amplis haut de gamme facon Bray, quelqu'un a essayé le dernier nom à la mode, les Dave Friedman/Marsha ?

Dans le même genre, en moins cher, il y a les nouveaux Ceriatone qui ont l'air mortels, le Chupacabra et le Yeti... Connaissant quelques Ceriatone, ca sonne et ca sonne vraiment Marshall. Et ca coûte deux fois moins cher qu'un Bray... Si je n'avais pas commandé le Bray, j'aurais commandé ca.

Moins exotique, il y a toujours la modif VHM, que tous les parisiens peuvent essayer à Pigalle. On en tire un super crunch, et là encore c'est très Marshall.

Bref, il y a quand même pas mal d'alternatives pour qui cherche un super Marshall...

je pense franchement que le bray sonne nettement mieux !!

je viens d'avoir le devis et si tu veux le top du top (full options) avec tout les frais (taxes, port,...) tu en as pour 3000 dol!

c'est sur que ca fait mal!! mais ......a ce moment, l, je peux vendre le splawn et mm pq pas la 2555!!

ZePot
  • Publié par
    ZePot
    le 03 Nov 11, 12:07
Je n'ai pas pris les options de push-pull etc, je ne m'en sers jamais (Mesa Boogie Mark, Marshall VHM...). Un bon ampli doit sonner avec tout à 7, après c'est du fignolage.

Il y a aussi le double master pour les gens qui font des solos, mais je ne fais pas de solos. Au pire tu baisses le gain en rythmique et tu mets un clean boost devant...
ZePot
  • Publié par
    ZePot
    le 03 Nov 11, 12:11
legembloutois a écrit :
c'est sur que ca fait mal!! mais ......a ce moment, l, je peux vendre le splawn et mm pq pas la 2555!!

Si tu aimes ces amplis, j'éviterais de vendre quoi que ce soit avant d'avoir l'autre. Mon 2555 ne va pas être facile à remplacer en tout cas, j'adore cet ampli, et il est tout à fait possible que je le garde. C'est trop bête de se séparer du bon matos pour une vulgaire question de thune.
legembloutois
ZePot a écrit :
legembloutois a écrit :

Si tu aimes ces amplis, j'éviterais de vendre quoi que ce soit avant d'avoir l'autre. Mon 2555 ne va pas être facile à remplacer en tout cas, j'adore cet ampli, et il est tout à fait possible que je le garde. C'est trop bête de se séparer du bon matos pour une vulgaire question de thune.

quand tu vois qu'il demande 25 $ pour les switch, je vais pas chier pour ca!

mais le dual output (solo) , c'est 200 et j'ai pas besoin!

j'hesite a commander, car c'est une sacrée somme (que j'ai pas pour le moment) et que je devrai amortir (donc vente d'autre),mais apres comparaison

et si un doit partir, ce sera d'abord le splawn

ZePot
  • Publié par
    ZePot
    le 03 Nov 11, 21:29
Moi aussi je préfère le 2555 à un Splawn !
Jeune Freluquet
Ca sonne pas mal le MP3.

Mais Zepot,pourquoi tu achètes un ampli boutique de type Marshall alors que tu as déjà le Slash?

Et puis,tu voulais pas un vieux Marshall?
si t'as mis 2000e,t'aurais largement pu trouver chaussure à ton pied avec cette somme.
nabstud
Oui ça sonne bien !
Rien d'extraordinaire non plus , son hyper classique et je vois pas trop non plus l'intérêt de mettre ce prix ...
Se méfier de la prise de son qui est bien réalisée et le gars a un très bon toucher !
Mais ça sonne ( dans ce style en tout cas et que ça dépend de la chaîne complète , lagressivite pourrait être difficile a contrôler dans certaines configs)

En ce moment sur ampli et préampli guitare...