[FENDER] CLAPTON Artist ou Custom "BLACKIE" Fans !

Forum Fender
Forums
MusashiChan
Salut,

Bon quand même ; c'était un peu un rêve ; voici ma première "Blackie"...une Artist Serie de 2006 achetée neuve. Je n'ai pas pour ma première Clapton ressenti le besoin de prendre la Custom shop un plus chère avec je pense une différence de qualité qui existe ; mais vraiment trop peu sensible dans la sonorité par rapport aux € supplémentaires à sortir...la prochaine surement !

Voici déjà pour les fans ; la vraie ; l'ultime...

Si vraiment le topic décolle ; je ferais un historique de l'originale et des Signatures que Fender a sorti !

Sinon voici donc ma modeste copie...

Les caractéristiques de la Clapton Artist Serie :

http://www.fender.fr/products/(...)02806

- Corps en Aulne sélectionné
- Manche en Érable doté d'un profil spécial en "V"
- Touche en Érable 22 cases
- Mécaniques Fender Vintage
- 3 micros Vintage Noiseless ˙
- 1 sélecteur 5 positions
- 1 Volume général , 1 TBX, 1 Mid Boost +25dB
- 1 Vibrato Vintage
- Livrée en Étui Fender Deluxe

Sample (Amplitube 2 ; preset "Cream" ; aucun traitement, les changements de son proviennent uniquement de la guitare, selecteur, TBX et Boost) 2.9Mo : http://yanndubois.free.fr/imag(...)e.mp3

Les caractéristiques de la Clapton Custom Shop :

http://www.fender.com/customsh(...)82850

- idem mais meilleurs bois ; fabrication Custom Shop et détails comme la signature au dos de la tête et non sur le devant ; plaque CS

Excellent post de Slowhand (non pas que les autres ne soient pas intéressants hein...) : https://www.guitariste.com/for(...)25924

L'histoire de Blackie :

“Blackie” is probably the most famous guitar in the world. She was put together by Eric Clapton from three different Stratocasters.

In 1970, Eric bought six Strats for $100 each at the Sho-Bud guitar shop in Nashville, Tennessee. He took them back to England and gave one to George Harrison, one to Steve Winwood and one to Pete Townshend. From the remaining three, Eric took the best components and assembled Blackie. Over the years, Eric has called Blackie a “remarkable guitar” and “a part of me.”

Blackie was Eric’s primary stage and studio guitar between 1970 and 1985. She made her first public appearance at the Rainbow Concert on 13 January 1973 (the early show - Eric played a Les Paul he borrowed from George Harrison at the second late show). Blackie was retired in 1985 after years of service. Not only had she been in the studio for every album recorded during that time, she was used at such famous events as the ARMS benefit tour in 1983 and Live Aid. She was also used in Eric’s first music video, “Forever Man” filmed to support his album “Behind The Sun.”

Blackie ventured out of retirement on two occasions while still in Eric’s ownership. The first was for a television commercial for Honda Cars Japan in 1990 at the company’s request. Eric was filmed over-dubbing some new licks onto his track, “Bad Love” (from the 1989 album, “Journeyman”). The second instance was for one number at the Royal Albert Hall in 1991.

In 2001, Lee Dickson, Eric’s guitar technician of more than 25 years said, “Blackie is still around and 100% playable, contrary to all rumors otherwise. It’s the nature of those old Fenders that the neck can eventually loosen in the neck pocket, even with the bolts tightened. It had been refretted a couple of times and there was a lot of wear on the edge of the neck, which made it difficult to get E string vibrato easily. We tossed around the idea to have a new neck made for it, but eventually the decision was made to just retire Blackie.”

In addition to being heard on numerous recordings, Blackie graced several album covers including “Slowhand,” “Just One Night”, and “The Cream of Eric Clapton”. She was also featured on a t-shirt sold during Eric’s 2004 World Tour.

Eric sold Blackie on 24 June 2004 at Christie’s Auction House, New York to raise funds for Crossroads Centre Antigua (an alcohol and drug treatment centre) he founded. Blackie sold for $959,500 and holds the record for world’s most expensive guitar. Blackie was purchased by the Guitar Center.

Also in 2004, Blackie was named as one of the top ten Stratocasters “to die for” by Fender G.B. Ireland. Read the full article at Ten Stratocasters Guitars To Die For.

In 2006, the Guitar Center, with Eric’s permission, announced it would issue a limited edition of Blackie replicas in connection with Fender Guitars a part of their master-built Tribute Series. A portion of each sale benefits the Crossroads Centre. On 17 May, 2006 Eric played the first Blackie Prototype on three songs during his concert at London’s Royal Albert Hall. On 24 November 2006 (the day after Thanksgiving in America and known as “Black Friday” as it is the busiest shopping day of the year with many sales in shops), 275 Blackie replicas will be available. One hundred eighty five will be sold in the United States through the Guitar Center. The remainder will be sold internationally.

Interview du God sur Blackie :

The story of how I got my first Stratocaster comes from when I was in Nashville in 1970 with Derek and the Dominoes and I visited a shop called Sho-Bud. In the back they had a rack of Stratocasters and Telecasters, all going for $100 each. No-one was playing them because everybody was going for Gibsons - Les Paul models were ruling the roost for guitar heroes.

But Steve Winwood had got me interested in them because he was playing a blonde-neck Stratocaster. It sounded great. Then I thought, "Well, yeah, Buddy Guy used to play one," and I thought of Johnny Guitar Watson playing one on the Gangster of Love album. So I bought a handful of them and brought them all back to England. I gave one to George Harrison, one to Steve Winwood and another to Pete Townshend. I kept three and out of them I made one - Blackie. I took the body from one, the neck from another, and so on. I have no idea what year the various parts are, so at the time it was not a good collectors’ guitar at all. It is now.

That guitar has been with me through all kinds of scrapes. I remember the time in Jamaica, when rehearsing with the band I had for 461 Ocean Boulevard. We rented a cinema but could only get to rehearse in it from midnight to 6am. I ended a Chuck Berry number by accidentally falling over during a session. That was the cue for the drum beat to end the song, and I crushed some parts of Blackie underneath me.

The body and the neck were totally gone but, after a few little running repairs, it was playing as good as new within half an hour. That’s when I thought: this guitar is my life. It can take as much damage as me. I can pick it up, drop it or bounce it off the wall and it will still be in tune and play with heart and soul. It’s irreplaceable. I’ve never felt quite that secure with any other guitar.

I remember a recording session when Stephen Bishop went back in the studio to add some electric guitar. He picked up Blackie and began playing it - very brutally. This felt as if someone had taken a dagger and plunged it in my arm and was twisting it. I screamed and ran into the studio and grabbed it off him. It was that painful. I believe that guitar has got some of me in it. So to see someone else pick it up and abuse it was quite unbearable.

I’ve retired Blackie. It’s still a highly playable guitar, but it’s just on the edge of being unplayable. I have it at home and play it occasionally, but it’s too precious to take out for fear of loss or breakage.

The only thing that bothers me is that because the wood has worn down, the frets are too wide. And I’m not in the mood to do anything about that - I’d rather keep it in the shape it’s in. Then Fender said they’d be very interested in putting out a guitar with my name on it, and would I specify the way I wanted it.

I could have designed anything. But when they asked me to name my favourite guitar, there was only one answer. Blackie. If they could copy it I wouldn’t want any changes. And that was the point - it couldn’t really be improved upon. I feel that guitar is now part of me."
Little Wing 78
Très jolie guitare
Amuses toi bien avec
Fender Mex addict - Classic Player 60 & Télé 50 Road Worn owner. Gibson Les Paul Junior User. Ukulele owner. Cole Clark Fat Lady player.
Membre fondateur du Fender Classic Player User Club
https://www.guitariste.com/for(...).html

-------------------------------------------------------
/!\ Heureux Papa depuis le vendredi 13/04/07 /!\ ça ne s'invente pas... Ainsi qu'à nouveau depuis le 20/09/2010!!!!
MusashiChan
Même avec les cordes pourries fournies ca sonne...demain soir j'attaque le réglage au petits oignons ; ca va twanguer !
JCGA
  • Publié par
    JCGA
    le 16 Sep 07, 22:40
ce n'est pas une simple copie !!! c'est une tres belle guitare , félicitations et profite
I want to believe...
Little Wing 78
Et ça sonne très clean
Fender Mex addict - Classic Player 60 & Télé 50 Road Worn owner. Gibson Les Paul Junior User. Ukulele owner. Cole Clark Fat Lady player.

/!\ Heureux Papa depuis le vendredi 13/04/07 /!\ ça ne s'invente pas... Ainsi qu'à nouveau depuis le 20/09/2010!!!!
MusashiChan
Little Wing 78 a écrit :
Et ça sonne très clean

Sur les lampes c'est un bonheur ; le boost permet de passer d'un son clean à du gros crunch sans rien toucher. C'est ce que cherchais Clapton ; avoir tout dans la guitare et non dans le pédalier.
Little Wing 78
En tout cas, c'est une réussite

MusashiChan
Mike Landau a écrit :
j'adore cette guitare. Félicitation

Bin bravo à Fender et Clapton surtout...moi je l'ai juste acheté !!
Non sérieux merci ; c'est clair que c'est pas la strat ultime mais une Clapton ; c'était un vrai rêve et ca fait plaisir de jouer dessus !
los lobotomys
ayant eu plusieurs clapton de serie et plusieurs clapton cs, je confirme que les cs sont un poil meilleures mais la difference de prix n' est pas justifiee.je ne suis pas sur que les manches et les corps soient fabriques par le custom shop.je suis presque certain qu' ils se servent des memes bois .a part le sillet en os...
je me demande meme si je ne preferais pas les lace sensors aux micros noisless actuels
Olivier
Elle fait vraiment partie des grattes que j'aimerais avoir, mais je crois que si j'en avais une, je ne ferais que singer Clapton, c'est ce qui me retient de l'acheter...
MusashiChan
los lobotomys a écrit :
ayant eu plusieurs clapton de serie et plusieurs clapton cs, je confirme que les cs sont un poil meilleures mais la difference de prix n' est pas justifiee.je ne suis pas sur que les manches et les corps soient fabriques par le custom shop.je suis presque certain qu' ils se servent des memes bois .a part le sillet en os...
je me demande meme si je ne preferais pas les lace sensors aux micros noisless actuels

J'ai eu la Beck montée en Lace Sensor ; ce sont en effet d'excellens micros ; hyper polyvalents. Je trouve quand même les noiseless un peu plus granuleux ; ils sonnent un peu plus vintage.
Pour les CS ; je pense en effet qu'il vaut mieux tomber sur une bonne Artist series que sur une moyenne CS. L'idéal serait de pouvoir en essayer un floppée de chaque mais c'est malheureusement impossible...ma prochaine sera surement une CS ; mais en l'essayant avant pour être ur que le prix que je vais y mettre sera justifié !
MusashiChan
Olivier a écrit :
Elle fait vraiment partie des grattes que j'aimerais avoir, mais je crois que si j'en avais une, je ne ferais que singer Clapton, c'est ce qui me retient de l'acheter...

Perso j'ai jamais appris une chanson note à note. Tous les morceaux que je connais ; je les ai appris à peu pret ; les accords ou la structure et je les joue comme je veux (mon prof n'a d'ailleur plus de cheveux...). Combien de reprises de Little Wing tu trouves sur Youtube ; pourrie parceque les mecs essaie de le jouer note à note. C'est impossible ; il n'y a qu'Hendrix pour le jouer comme ça...
alors que tu prends popa chubby qui joue ce morceau ; c'est un bonheur ; parcequ'il sort l'essance du morceau mais à sa façon.
il ne faut pas apprendre de morceau par coeur...
burning water
MusashiChan a écrit :
los lobotomys a écrit :

J'ai eu la Beck montée en Lace Sensor ; ce sont en effet d'excellens micros ; hyper polyvalents. Je trouve quand même les noiseless un peu plus granuleux ; ils sonnent un peu plus vintage.
Pour les CS ; je pense en effet qu'il vaut mieux tomber sur une bonne Artist series que sur une moyenne CS. L'idéal serait de pouvoir en essayer un floppée de chaque mais c'est malheureusement impossible...ma prochaine sera surement une CS ; mais en l'essayant avant pour être ur que le prix que je vais y mettre sera justifié !

Perso c'est clair que je m'en acheterai une plus tard cependant c'est clair que j'aimerai me trouver une custom shop mais avec lace sensor comme il utilisait entre le milieu et la fin des 90's mais je crois qu'elles sont jamais sorti (commandé direct par clapton aux custom shop)

En ce moment sur guitare électrique et Fender...