Svp quelle guitare pour jouer du gary moore svp!!!

bonjour a tous je voulais savoir quel matos il fallait pour se rapprocher du son de gary moore svp!!!
Doc Loco
Une strat.

Si si:

Je te charrie un brin, mais le fait est que Gary a une carrière de 40 ans !!! Et il a eu plusieurs périodes, dont effectivement une période strat (et superstrat aussi d'ailleurs).
Néanmoins, c'est avec une Les Paul que le grand public l'associe le plus souvent. Si tu n'es pas très fortuné, il y'a une réplique amusante de sa LP "Peter Green" dans la marque Vintage.
In rod we truss.

"Quelle opulence" - themidnighter

"It's sink or swim - shut up!"
M. Hyde
Je pense que tu n'aura jamais son son si tu n'a pas cette guitare :

Premier EP de mon groupe AlterLab disponible sur toutes les plateformes !

Spotify : bit.ly/SpotifyAlterLabEP
Deezer : bit.ly/DeezerAlterLabEP
YouTube : bit.ly/YoutubeAlterLabEP

__Ze Gear Lab__
Emission française de test de guitares !

Dernier épisode en ligne : tête d'ampli Victory Sheriff 44 !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?(...)=876s
pascal965
quelle période ????
strat, lp, explorer......
DJayNot
C'est vrai ça, tu parles du guitariste de Thin Lizzy, du strateux de Rockin' every night, ou du blueseux mielleux sur LP de Still got the blues?
T'es pas obligé d'acheter la même guitare que lui pour avoir le même son, surtout que si ça s'trouve, il l'a bricolée en cachette!
Par contre les mêmes effets et les mêmes amplis, ça aide tout de suite.
Mais la remarque d'au dessus reste valable :
Citation:
si ça s'trouve, il l'a bricolée en cachette!

je l'avais pas encore faite, celle-là, m'auto-citer dans un même post!
- Maman, quand je serai grand, je serai guitariste!
- On peut pas faire les deux, mon fils!

Fan de Petty Booka
le_papy
Il existe Gibson LP signature et qui est moins chère qu'une LP traditionel.
Mais beaucoup te l'on signalé, il y a l'ampli, les effets, la guitare, et Garry Moore.
Je joue avec une strat et une LP, j'ai plus acile avec la strat mais le son est meilleur avec la LP.
Sadomario
Je t'aurais bien répondu une LP de 59' mais j'pense que ca va être "hard to find"
"I'd like to dedicate this song to everybody had never had a song dedicated to". Joe Walsh
Il joue sur du marshall, et les guitare ont assez étés citées avant.
Ensuite les effets...

http://img84.exs.cx/img84/964/(...)d.jpg

https://www.guitariste.com/for(...).html

Et en fin une petite série de questions, je te laisse faire la traduction...

Q. What gear did Gary use on the album track "Still got the Blues" 1990 ? submitted by various people to the site.

A Gibson Les Paul Standard ( circa 1959), a Marshall Guv'nor pedal, a Marshall JTM45 Re-issue amp, and a Marshall 1960B 4 x12" cabinet loaded with Electrovoice 12M speakers instead of the usual Celestions.

Of all the various tones that have been heard on Gary's records, the sounds on the "Still Got The Blues" album are the most asked about by fans on a regular basis. During 1989 the JTM Reissue series was in the final stages of development, and Gary received an early production model [#RI 001 1X] at the start of the initial recordings that would become the "Still Got The Blues" album.
Used in conjunction with a 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard, a Marshall Guv'nor pedal, and a Marshall 1960B 4x12" cab loaded with Electrovoice 12" speakers, it became the featured tone of the album, heard on nearly all the tracks including the title track.
Gary: "One of the guys from Metallica goes up to [producer] Bob Rock and says, 'This is the sound I want,' and plays him 'Oh Pretty Woman' from "Still Got The Blues". Then they proceed to go through all these pre-amps and processors to achieve it.
I felt I should write and say, 'That's not how to do it. You've got the money now guys, go out and buy a '59 Les Paul, a Guv'nor pedal and a JTM45!"

Q. What strings does Gary use? Submitted by Ken Howe.

Dean Markley LTHB Envrio Electric set, gauges are 10, 13, 17, 30w, 42w, 52w.

Q. And Picks ?? Submitted by Ken Howe.

Extra Heavy ( 1.14 mm ) celluloid shell pick regular 351 shape

Q. Garys tone on Still Got The Blues and After Hours is quite good. I have been playing a Les Paul for 15 years now. Does he replace the pickups with active pickups (i.e. Duncans or Diarzio, etc) ? Submitted by Edmund Miley.

Regarding the pickups in Gary's Les Paul guitars. Both of the 1959 Les Paul Standards are fitted with original P.A.F. Gibson humbucking pick up's.

Q. I was surpassed that there was no mention of the Soldano's he used on various tours. Is he still using them? Do you know which distortion pedal he uses with them? Submitted by Miki Novak

The Soldano amps have not been used since 1993, as various new models Marshall amps have taken over as Gary's main amps. Recently the DSL 100 Marshall amp has been used exclusively on the last two tours and in the recording of the current album.

The distortion pedals used with the Soldano's from time to time were as follows:
Marshall Gv'nor Pedal ( Mk 1), Ibanez TS10 Tubescreamer Pedal, Gary tended to only use the "clean" channel on the SLO100 with the crunch switch in, rather than switch channels on the amp. Any further 'crunch/boost/distortion" would be added by one of the above pedals.

Q. What gear was used on the outro solo on the track Surrender off the new album? Submitted by Pete Martin Gibson Les Paul Standard circa 1959, Marshall DSL100 Amplifier, Marshall 1960BX 4 x 12" cabinet with Celestion G12 75T speakers, Amp Settings: Clean Channel, Presence 1, Treble 8, Middle 8.5, Bass 5.3, Gain 5, Volume 8.2, crunch switch in, Deep switch in.

Q. What tubes where in his amp, (JTM 45 Reissue) 6l6, 5881, kt66. Is it just like the production models they made then ? Submitted by Jim Convry The two reissue JTM45 amplifiers owned by Gary are both stock models straight from the factory, with no modifications, Tubes are 5881's.

Q. I want to know which Amp's and Effects you are used between the Wild Frontiers Tour in April 1987? Submitted by Andy Scholle After a bit of research this is a list of some of the equipment used on the Wild Frontiertour: Ibanez TS9 & TS10 Tubescremers Ibanez PC10 Prime Dual Chorus Pedal Roland SDE300 Delay Roland SRE555 Tape Echo/Reverb 3 x Marshall 1959 Super Lead amp's 1 x Marshall 1992 Super Bass amp 2 x Marshall 1987 Super lead amp's 4 x Marshall 1960B Cabinets

Q. On the Dark Days In Paradise Tour, You played a black Fender Stratocaster with a Floyd Rose Vibratosystem. Is it a custom made guitar, or is it a Fender Floyd Rose Classic Strat as featured in the Fender Magazine? Submitted by Jesper Rodkjær Pedersen Yes it's Fender Floyd Rose Classic Stratocaster, stock from the factory.

Q. What kind of equipment is gary using in the concert on video in which he plays with BB King? I am speciale interested in the the thing which was on top of his Soldano amp, is it a multi effect FX box?? Submitted by Maurice DizyFX & amp's used on the Blues Alive video 2 x Gibson Les Paul Standard circa 1959Fritz Bros Blues master deluxe Telecaster style guitar with EMG pickup'sMarshall Guvnor (Mark I ) Ibanez TS10 Tubescreamer Ibanez PC10 Prime Dual Chorus Ibanez Delay III Soldano SLO100 with Marshall 1960 B 4 x 12" cab fitted with EV 12" speakers ( Off stage amp ) Soldano HR50 with Marshall 1960 B 4 x 12" cab fitted with EV 12" speakers (On stage amp ) 1 x Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker Reissue 2 x 12" combo 2 x Alesis Quadraverb across S/R Sockets on each amp The Soldano SLO100 was only used with the clean channel and not switched at any time.

Q. Great gig at London on 23/10/99. The 335 sounded brilliant. Were the Marshall dual superleads used all the time or in combination with the Fender equipment which I did not recognise? Submitted by Clive Wisbey. One DSL100 was used for most of the set, the other is a spare, and one Fender Showman circa 1969/70 was used on the numbers requiring a bigger reverb, "Need your love so bad" for example. Gary switches between either amp depending on the song to be played.

Q. Can you tell me which guitars Gary used on his Back to the blues album.Submitted by Mike Snook
Guitars used on the sessions for BTTB are as follows: Gibson ES 355 1960, Gibson Les Paul Standard 1959 ( ex Peter Green), Fender Stratocaster 1960/1, Fernandes Sustainer LP 1990.

Can you tell me if Gary still uses the Marshall Guv'nor (mark 1). On the FX page it's not mentioned and since it was a big part of his sound (especially on his most succesfull selling album/and song). If so/or even if not, do you know the kind of setting he used. Krystof.
These are the Guv'nor MK1 settings: Gain at 2 o'clock, Bass at 2 o'clock, Full Mid, Treble at 4 o'clock, Level at 1 o'clock

When Gary uses an overdrive pedal (G'vnor, tube screamer, whatever...), does he do so on a clean channel or does he load the effect onto an already overdriven channel on his tube amp? Wayne
Currently any overdrive pedal is used on the "clean" channel of the DSL100/50 as the second channel on the DSL's has plenty of it's own gain.

Did Gary use a Marshall SLX head at any point when he was with Thin Lizzy ?? Bob
The SLX was first introduced in the early 1990's, so Gary would not have used one when in Thin Lizzy.
Most of the amps used in Thin Lizzy at that time were either 1959, 1987, 2203 & 2204 model

Avec ca déja, tu peux faire chauffer la carte
Il joue sur du marshall, et les guitare ont assez étés citées avant.
Ensuite les effets...

http://img84.exs.cx/img84/964/(...)d.jpg

https://www.guitariste.com/for(...).html

Et en fin une petite série de questions, je te laisse faire la traduction...

Q. What gear did Gary use on the album track "Still got the Blues" 1990 ? submitted by various people to the site.

A Gibson Les Paul Standard ( circa 1959), a Marshall Guv'nor pedal, a Marshall JTM45 Re-issue amp, and a Marshall 1960B 4 x12" cabinet loaded with Electrovoice 12M speakers instead of the usual Celestions.

Of all the various tones that have been heard on Gary's records, the sounds on the "Still Got The Blues" album are the most asked about by fans on a regular basis. During 1989 the JTM Reissue series was in the final stages of development, and Gary received an early production model [#RI 001 1X] at the start of the initial recordings that would become the "Still Got The Blues" album.
Used in conjunction with a 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard, a Marshall Guv'nor pedal, and a Marshall 1960B 4x12" cab loaded with Electrovoice 12" speakers, it became the featured tone of the album, heard on nearly all the tracks including the title track.
Gary: "One of the guys from Metallica goes up to [producer] Bob Rock and says, 'This is the sound I want,' and plays him 'Oh Pretty Woman' from "Still Got The Blues". Then they proceed to go through all these pre-amps and processors to achieve it.
I felt I should write and say, 'That's not how to do it. You've got the money now guys, go out and buy a '59 Les Paul, a Guv'nor pedal and a JTM45!"

Q. What strings does Gary use? Submitted by Ken Howe.

Dean Markley LTHB Envrio Electric set, gauges are 10, 13, 17, 30w, 42w, 52w.

Q. And Picks ?? Submitted by Ken Howe.

Extra Heavy ( 1.14 mm ) celluloid shell pick regular 351 shape

Q. Garys tone on Still Got The Blues and After Hours is quite good. I have been playing a Les Paul for 15 years now. Does he replace the pickups with active pickups (i.e. Duncans or Diarzio, etc) ? Submitted by Edmund Miley.

Regarding the pickups in Gary's Les Paul guitars. Both of the 1959 Les Paul Standards are fitted with original P.A.F. Gibson humbucking pick up's.

Q. I was surpassed that there was no mention of the Soldano's he used on various tours. Is he still using them? Do you know which distortion pedal he uses with them? Submitted by Miki Novak

The Soldano amps have not been used since 1993, as various new models Marshall amps have taken over as Gary's main amps. Recently the DSL 100 Marshall amp has been used exclusively on the last two tours and in the recording of the current album.

The distortion pedals used with the Soldano's from time to time were as follows:
Marshall Gv'nor Pedal ( Mk 1), Ibanez TS10 Tubescreamer Pedal, Gary tended to only use the "clean" channel on the SLO100 with the crunch switch in, rather than switch channels on the amp. Any further 'crunch/boost/distortion" would be added by one of the above pedals.

Q. What gear was used on the outro solo on the track Surrender off the new album? Submitted by Pete Martin Gibson Les Paul Standard circa 1959, Marshall DSL100 Amplifier, Marshall 1960BX 4 x 12" cabinet with Celestion G12 75T speakers, Amp Settings: Clean Channel, Presence 1, Treble 8, Middle 8.5, Bass 5.3, Gain 5, Volume 8.2, crunch switch in, Deep switch in.

Q. What tubes where in his amp, (JTM 45 Reissue) 6l6, 5881, kt66. Is it just like the production models they made then ? Submitted by Jim Convry The two reissue JTM45 amplifiers owned by Gary are both stock models straight from the factory, with no modifications, Tubes are 5881's.

Q. I want to know which Amp's and Effects you are used between the Wild Frontiers Tour in April 1987? Submitted by Andy Scholle After a bit of research this is a list of some of the equipment used on the Wild Frontiertour: Ibanez TS9 & TS10 Tubescremers Ibanez PC10 Prime Dual Chorus Pedal Roland SDE300 Delay Roland SRE555 Tape Echo/Reverb 3 x Marshall 1959 Super Lead amp's 1 x Marshall 1992 Super Bass amp 2 x Marshall 1987 Super lead amp's 4 x Marshall 1960B Cabinets

Q. On the Dark Days In Paradise Tour, You played a black Fender Stratocaster with a Floyd Rose Vibratosystem. Is it a custom made guitar, or is it a Fender Floyd Rose Classic Strat as featured in the Fender Magazine? Submitted by Jesper Rodkjær Pedersen Yes it's Fender Floyd Rose Classic Stratocaster, stock from the factory.

Q. What kind of equipment is gary using in the concert on video in which he plays with BB King? I am speciale interested in the the thing which was on top of his Soldano amp, is it a multi effect FX box?? Submitted by Maurice DizyFX & amp's used on the Blues Alive video 2 x Gibson Les Paul Standard circa 1959Fritz Bros Blues master deluxe Telecaster style guitar with EMG pickup'sMarshall Guvnor (Mark I ) Ibanez TS10 Tubescreamer Ibanez PC10 Prime Dual Chorus Ibanez Delay III Soldano SLO100 with Marshall 1960 B 4 x 12" cab fitted with EV 12" speakers ( Off stage amp ) Soldano HR50 with Marshall 1960 B 4 x 12" cab fitted with EV 12" speakers (On stage amp ) 1 x Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker Reissue 2 x 12" combo 2 x Alesis Quadraverb across S/R Sockets on each amp The Soldano SLO100 was only used with the clean channel and not switched at any time.

Q. Great gig at London on 23/10/99. The 335 sounded brilliant. Were the Marshall dual superleads used all the time or in combination with the Fender equipment which I did not recognise? Submitted by Clive Wisbey. One DSL100 was used for most of the set, the other is a spare, and one Fender Showman circa 1969/70 was used on the numbers requiring a bigger reverb, "Need your love so bad" for example. Gary switches between either amp depending on the song to be played.

Q. Can you tell me which guitars Gary used on his Back to the blues album.Submitted by Mike Snook
Guitars used on the sessions for BTTB are as follows: Gibson ES 355 1960, Gibson Les Paul Standard 1959 ( ex Peter Green), Fender Stratocaster 1960/1, Fernandes Sustainer LP 1990.

Can you tell me if Gary still uses the Marshall Guv'nor (mark 1). On the FX page it's not mentioned and since it was a big part of his sound (especially on his most succesfull selling album/and song). If so/or even if not, do you know the kind of setting he used. Krystof.
These are the Guv'nor MK1 settings: Gain at 2 o'clock, Bass at 2 o'clock, Full Mid, Treble at 4 o'clock, Level at 1 o'clock

When Gary uses an overdrive pedal (G'vnor, tube screamer, whatever...), does he do so on a clean channel or does he load the effect onto an already overdriven channel on his tube amp? Wayne
Currently any overdrive pedal is used on the "clean" channel of the DSL100/50 as the second channel on the DSL's has plenty of it's own gain.

Did Gary use a Marshall SLX head at any point when he was with Thin Lizzy ?? Bob
The SLX was first introduced in the early 1990's, so Gary would not have used one when in Thin Lizzy.
Most of the amps used in Thin Lizzy at that time were either 1959, 1987, 2203 & 2204 model

Avec ca déja, tu peux faire chauffer la carte
Sadomario
Une chose m'est revenu en regardant les photos: il utilise la "légédaire" Boss Ds1 qui est une disto disponible à un prix très abordable (~40~€). La sienne doit surement être un peu modifiée mais l'esprit reste la !
"I'd like to dedicate this song to everybody had never had a song dedicated to". Joe Walsh
batteurfun

une avec 2 burstubkers pro?

Il joue avec une guitare GAry Moore GIBson qui n'a pas inspiré grand monde
il y a un P90

en tout cas, nono s'est pas aventuré dans les solos du maître!
-have fun with muzic and that's all
-guitariste (de 6 à 12 cordes) de divers styles,
-batteur
et un peu bassiste aussi

"cherche pas, t'as tort" lol
le_papy
Je n'aime pas trop le son.

En ce moment sur guitare électrique...