26 SEC
Pour en profiter
x

Le matériel des bassistes pro

ant'
  • Publié par
    ant'
    le 26 Nov 07, 12:58
Je pique cette idée de topic à lemg pour que les bassistes puissent discuter du matos de leurs basseux préféré, poster des photos des pedalboards etc...

Je commence avec des photos prises sur Talkbass :

Flea des RHCP

Ps : Maintenant il a viré la wha et a mis une big muff à la place.

Kim Gordon de Sonic Youth

Tony Levin

Radial Tonebone - Dunlop Crybaby 95q (I think thats the model) - Analogman bi-comp - Analogman rehoused big muff - Boss DD-3 - Radial JDI (Older Model)

Et le recent :

Justin Chancellor de Tool :

Tim Commerford de RATM et Audioslave

1. Boss Super Octave
2. Sadowsky Outboard Pre-Amp/D.I.
3. Custom ABY Amp Selector
4. Custom 'Full on' Overdrive
5. Aphex Punch Factory
6. DC Brick
7. Two Dunlop 105Q Bass Wahs
8. Boss DD-3 Delay
9. Custom Overdrive (maybe)

Dirk Lance, ex Incubus :

Richard Bona :

Doug Wimbish :

Colin Greenwood de Radiohead :

Jeff Caxide de Isis :

Bryan Herweg de Pelican :

Toutes les infos sont prises ici : http://www.talkbass.com/forum/(...)94207
Si vous voulez rajoutez des truks n’hésitez pas !
matmich
super post, très instructif. ça me donne des idées.... aie mon porte monnaie...
To be a rock and not to roll
Bassistuta
Un bon post !
Ca fait plaiz' de revoir Doug Pinnick !!! C'que j'ai ecouté ce groupe à une époque
In Stingray We Trust
ant'
  • Publié par
    ant'
    le 26 Nov 07, 18:21
Désolé lemg, j'avais pas utilisé la fonction recherche, étant sur que ce topic n'éxistait pas ^^
On va essayer de faire en sorte que ça ait du succès cette fois !
Allez bougez vous le cul, allez à des concerts, prenez des photos !
freakbassman
pas trop mal, il ne manque que 2 pour avoir le même matériel que Flea
A beer, a bass, a drum, nothing more to make a groove!
lemg
  • lemg
  • Vintage Ultra utilisateur
  • MP
  • Publié par
    lemg
    le 27 Nov 07, 15:00
Allez, histoire de contribuer à l'engouement ( ) de ce topic, je poste quelque chose. Promis, après je retourne dans mon enclos avec les autres guitaristes.

Le matériel de Geddy Lee (Rush) sur leur dernière tournée :

http://www.bassplayer.com/arti(...)18066

Citation:
Geddy’s Direct Approach to Stage & Studio
“In the old days, the sound pressure levels from booming amplifiers made me feel disconnected from my bass. I started using in-ear monitors a long time ago, because they give me more control over my bass sound. Cabinets sound sluggish. I like that immediate feedback of the strings hitting the neck.
“My stage and studio setups are essentially the same: I take a flat signal from an Avalon U5 DI, one from a Palmer speaker simulator, and one from a SansAmp RBI. I change the blend depending on how nasty I want the distortion. I usually use the Palmer unit’s bright setting to give me some extra twang. That gives me some really interesting distorted subsonics. When I combine the Palmer with the SansAmp, which I set up to give me some extreme highs and lows, I get the twang plus a round bottom end. In the studio I sometimes make a mulch of the signals, compress the hell out of it with a Urei 1176 and put it back into its own channel, just in case I need a different sonic shape—if there’s a hole in the sound.”

Tiré de Wikipedia :

Citation:
Bass guitar amplification
Lee's amps in the early days were arena-ready Sunn and/or Ampeg models. By the late seventies, his backline had evolved into a unique configuration of Ashly preamps and BGW power amps, which were run in stereo with his 4001 bass. The neck pickup was sent to one amp and set for a clean, bass-heavy tone, while the bridge pickup was sent to the other amp which was set with an exaggerated treble boost, and extra gain in the preamp. This defined Lee's bass sound from 1977 to 1982. Though he would change basses, the amplifier setup remained constant through 1991. For the Roll the Bones tour (1991-1992), Lee switched to Gallien-Krueger amps, and later to Trace Elliots.

Beginning in 2002, Lee dispensed with using a single bass guitar amplifier in favor of a complex chain of amplifiers and DI units which allow the bass guitar to be connected directly to the stage and front-of-house mixers without involving microphones. Lee began using in-ear monitors at this point.

At the beginning of the 2002 Vapor trails tour, Lee revised his previous setup. His bass signal is sent via a Samson wireless unit to an Avalon U5 DI. From there it is split between a Trace Elliot Quadravalve all-tube power amplifier and a SansAmp RBI rackmountable preamp. The speaker-level signal from the Quadravalve is sent to a Palmer PD-05 speaker emulator, which provides adequate load for the tube amplifier and attenuates the signal down to line level. The signals from the U5, Quadraverb/PD-05, and RBI are all sent to the monitor and front-of-house mixers and blends of the signals are changed on a song-by-song basis. Typically the Quadravalve/PD-05 signal makes up the low end while a balance of the U5 and RBI make up the high end, with the RBI providing the "top end" distortion in Lee's sound.

For the 2007 Snakes and Arrows tour, Lee swapped the SansAmp RBI for a new unit by Sansamp, the RPM. During preparation for this tour a feature on bassplayer.tv with his live bass tech, Russ Ryan, was filmed which detailed Lee's live signal path.
lemgement lemg
djridoo
terrible ce post, cependant:

"Justin Chancellor de Tool" :j' ai les mêmes tongues!

"Bryan Herweg de Pelican"-->il lui manque la flûte à Bec....pélican-bec...pas la flûte de Jeff hein....mdr
Vive le vintage - Cherche basse en silex avec cordes en poils de mamouth époque néandertale
pas de préférence sur la couleur.
-------------------------------------------------------
zoemix
le topic le plus long du monde à ouvrir.... en attendant la page 2 !

belle initiative, Ant' : en passant, c'est des tofs que tu as prises toi-même ? c'est pas toujours facile à faire sur un concert plein de vigiles pitt-bullisés....

"J'ai cru que tu faisais la gueule. Ou pire, que tu étais émotif."

Je suis l'un des bassistes de PöWëR-4
zoemix
yes, y a ça en stock (mais bon, ça va pas arranger la vitesse d'ouverture du sujet...) :

sinon, Nov', je t'attendais moins sur ce topic que sur celui du nettoyage des cordes bouillies dans le vinaigre...

"J'ai cru que tu faisais la gueule. Ou pire, que tu étais émotif."

Je suis l'un des bassistes de PöWëR-4
Apatride
Au hasard je dirais une Wah en position fixe pour définir l enveloppe et l autre en utilisation "normale" pour jouer avec
Si tu te tapes la tête contre une cruche et que ça sonne creux n'en déduis pas pour autant que la cruche est vide

En ce moment sur basse électrique...