:
11 H
:
55MN
:
26 SEC
Pour en profiter
x

Lace Alumitone: Une révolution technologique?

Rappel du dernier message de la page précédente :
hardi_ami
Ha effectivement ça fait moins cher, je vais me renseigner :-)
Autre question: j'ai lu sur le site de Lace qu'il faut rogner un peu le pickguard pour l'adapter à la forme des micros, tu as des infos un peu plus précises là dessus ?
hardi_ami
Raaaaah tricheur
Bon ben je sens que je vais devoir sortir le cutter pour charcuter ma jolie Blade durango std... Tiens nous au courant quand tu auras reçu les micros !
jzu
  • jzu
  • Custom Méga utilisateur
  • MP
  • Publié par
    jzu
    le 05 Apr 07, 09:24
Il y a des samples (un peu trop propres pour mon goût) sur leur site, voir le premier message du topic.
ultimeus
voila quelques avis :

Product: Lace Music Products AlumiTone
Price Paid: USD 993
Submitted 12/20/2006 at 05:15am by your mother

Features :

* Single coil or humbucking? Active or passive?
* Impedance or other specs?

Passive low impedance ceramic new-fangled pickup.

The impedance is only around 2.75k ohms but the output is higher than a standard single coil. P-90 level output.

noiseless single coil (or no coil?)

Instrument :

* What model guitar or bass did you install this in?
* What position is it in?
* What pickup are you replacing?
* Other pickups installed on the instrument?
* Any artists using this pickup?
* Reason for changing the pickup?

Fernandes decade w/usa custom guitars neck. replaced the stock ceramic strat set. I thought they looked cool, but didn't want to risk messing with a nice guitar so I put them in this parts-master econo-plank.

I'm sure some name players are using these (sometimes), but I doubt they are any pros main pickup. You will not get anyones signature tone with these, maybe you will find YOUR signature tone though?

Sound : 9

* What's the output level like?
* What amps and effects are you using it with?
* Tone - Bassy, middy, muddy, trebly, balanced?
* What style of music do you play? Is this a good match?
* For which positions is this pickup (un)suitable?

Interesting pickups. These are not as different sounding as you might think. If you have played a good set of CERAMIC strat pickups it will be somewhat similar.

I think a lot of the difference in tone is related to the magnet type. Ceramic pickups, while a bit sterile or soul-less, do offer more clarity and better bass response than alnico pups. The sound while unique has that "ceramic" signature.

The pickups have a somewhat scooped mid tone (added bass and highs and less mid), and a bit of added clarity giving them a slightly acoustic quality.

These are great for clean tones. Country players might like them. You might find that overdrive and distortion boxes do not sound like you are used to. This can be a good or a bad thing, but mostly bad in my opinion as the high end tends to become harsh and brittle, while the low end muddies up the sound. Obviously effects designers did not have these pickups in mind when they designed their dirt boxes, but when you do find one that gets along it can be a rather inspiring tone.

I have run into situations with certain vintage effects where the signal becomes so quiet with these pickups that the effect is not usable. I think these devices are meant to recieve the high impedance signal from a standard pickup. Other effects seem to function better with them. something to think about.

I give them a 9 for sound because they have a hi-fi sound no other pickup can do. For some players they might be a 10 for others a 1.

I would like to hear these on a 12 string.

Overall Rating : 8

* If it was destroyed or stolen, would you buy it again or get something else?
* How long have you been playing? What other gear do you own?
* What do you love about it? What do you hate?
* Did you compare it to other products? Which ones? Why did you choose this one?
* Anything you wish it had?
* Are you satisfied with this pickup or still searching for that sound?
* Anything else you'd like to share?

For some situations these pickups are unbeatable, but for others they are unbearable. I would highly recommend trying them before spending your money.

I would buy them again just to have a set in one guitar, but if i could only bring one guitar to a session I would bring one with p-90's not these.

Price Paid: US $127
Submitted 12/14/2005 at 04:34pm by Jonas Carlsson
Email: jonascarlsson at telia<dot>com

Features :

Pickup features: Passive transversal single coil
Impedence or other specs:

Instrument :

Model of guitar or bass: PRS SE EG
Position: all positions
Pickup being replaced: Korean designed by PRS
Other pickups on guitar:
Artists using this pickup: None to my knowledge that I can verify
You musical style(s): Folk, rock, pop, blues...
Reason for pickup change: I felt the originals lacked character and I really bought this guitar for its quality as a platform from which to re-specify it to my likings.

Sound : No Opinion

Perceived output level: Slightly more than average stock.
Tone: A bit bassy and middy so the bass-side should be lowered for a more balanced output.
Sonic evaluation: Lined they sounds almost acoustic with lots of chirp and dynamics, through an amp they're a marriage in heaven between a Lipstick and a Soapbar but of utmost quality. These are clean meaning outstanding definition and no fuzz, not clean meaning sterile and uncoloured. With my hair on end I anticipated these to be more Lacy in sound than they were. These respond extremely well to your style and how hard you dig into the strings, even here much like an acoustic would.
Clean I prefer these with reverb and fattening effects, such as chorus and detune. It's very present and firm with that rounded 'honk', so typical for Lace, in the mid-ranges.
Distorted you need to cut back on treble a great deal. Their glassy character works well driven hard and are a perfect match to the mahogany body of the PRS, giving it almost a Gibsonesque, sweet Soapbar sound, still with the sparkle of a lipstick. Infact they're so clean they can take much distortion without losing much definition.

For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable: I think they are a great choice from A-class cleans to rather high-gain situations, jazz to rock. I wouldn't hesitate on putting these in HB-size into a semi-acoustic.

Overall Rating : 10

* Did you compare it to other products? Which ones? Why did you choose this one?

Comments: From experience I know lots of people have something against Lace pickups, but these stellar designed things I think would be embraced by just any guitarist, except for the heavy-heavy guys. You know something is in the going with these on.
I was looking for an Eric Johnson kind of sound but with more character and these pickups are God-sends. Chose between these and the Fender '57/ '62s he uses. Never had the opportunity to try the Fenders in person but I don't see any reason for looking back.
These sound larger than life and I think the next guitar I get will have AGI-Lace pickups installed and not the Gibsons I intended for it. It's a pity Transensors won't work in tandem with other pickups, but I guess that's the only con - Oh, and these require a pickguard conversion so that the square pickups will fit the rounded outcuts of a standard Strat pickguard.
These pickups come in various finishes and I actually believe 2 were rock-tubled and one was 'grafiti-finished', meaning tumbled just a little. Like I said they now come in Humbucker-size, although still in single coil operation.
Judging from what's available today I would definately give these pickups a 10. These are the next generation pickups - free from hum and high defintion - what more can you ask for? I wish Lace would expand their Alumitone line so that more flavours will become available.

Price Paid: US $125 used
Submitted 10/06/2005 at 10:00pm by Anonymous

Features :

Pickup features: Single coil. Passive pickups. Typical strat setup.
Impedence or other specs:

Instrument :

Model of guitar or bass: 1979 25th Anniversary Strat
Pickup being replaced: Orginal Stock
Other pickups on guitar: None
Artists using this pickup: Didn't care to find out.
You musical style(s): The whole gamut.
Reason for pickup change: Picked up a regular gig with electronics/light rig hum issues. I wanted to keep the original vintage pickguard assembly in perfect condition, so I wired in this pre-assembled pickguard.

Perceived output level: About average output, maybe a tad more (my stock pickups were low output... these were barely a notch up from those).
Tone: A bit more bassy and middy. I brought the bass side down just a tad, and it sounded great.
Sonic evaluation: I A/B between a Boogie Mark II B, and a Roland Jazz Chorus 120. The boogie runs moderately clean (not dimed on the first channel's preamp volume like some users prefer). I like to get just a little bit of hair on my boogie clean sound. The JC 120 runs ultra clean (of course). I run the strat into an Ernie Ball volume, Barber Tone Press, Subdecay Liquid Sunshine, Barber Tone Pump EQ with Effects Loop > Subdecay Money Shot - Boss Delay - BYOC Tremolo, BYOC Phaser, Barber Launch Pad. My rig is smooth and quiet now since I got the alumitones. They have a unique quality to them. They sound like real thing with more sustain, and without the hum.

For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable: I play jazz, r&b, rock, blues and progessive. These sound great for all applications.

Overall Rating : 9

Comments: I just don't give out 10's unless something makes me lightheaded with joy. These are close though. They brought my old strat back to life, and gave it a whole new tone (don't think in terms of coloring your sound, instead think in terms of enhancing your tone). It took me awhile to tweak the best high-gain bridge sound I could out of the alumitones (took changing my pedals' setup a bit which really were set for the best of both worlds for my strat with the old pickups and my les paul), but once I did I was amazed with the versatility of the sounds. I even use the middle position more now. My favorite is the neck position for leads. It hasgobs more sustain than my original pickups.

Price Paid:
Submitted 06/22/2004 at 02:36pm by Clint Stevens
Email: CS_Guitars<at>yahoo dot com

Features :

Pickup features: Passive Single Coils- set of 3
Impedence or other specs: Unlike any other pickup made

Instrument :

Model of guitar or bass: Custom
Pickup being replaced: none
Other pickups on guitar: none
Artists using this pickup: none
You musical style(s):
Reason for pickup change: Doing prototype work and wanted to see what these pickups are about.

Perceived output level: The only words that come to mind are "Solid" and "Feisty" - this pickup knows where it stands.
Tone: Extremely well balanced. Much more bass and overall range than other single coils
Sonic evaluation: Amazing. I never thought I could feel this way about a single-coil setup. However, after rigorous testing, I have come to the conclusion that anyone who overlooks these pickups are doing themselves a great disfavor. The sound is different from all 3 positions, but surprisingly similar- You Know You Are Dealing With ALUMITONES. These pickups have all the "pop" you want in a single coil without harshness or quacking. The bridge pickup is smooth and balanced with higher output than any stock single coil. The middle is exactly what it is supposed to be- the middle: balanced and round sounding with the signature Alumitone depth and character. Perfect for quick rhythm-to-lead changes when there isn't time for switching pickup positions. The neck is warm and smooth. Jazzy with a little pop, but never angry or muddy- simply perfect. Combinations of the various positions yield amazing tones that do not drop in output. Perhaps that's the best part about this combination- they are truly matched. No one position outshines another, but each has its own unique character in the different positions. Completely silent- and I do mean SILENT. I have BIG name-brand humbucking pickups that are raged with jealousy at what Lace Music has achieved in "simple" single coils. If you want a pickup that will "cut through the mix" and complete "your sound"- the Alumitone is the pickup for you!

For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable: NOT a heavy-metal pickup. However, these are AMAZING for nearly everything else from Jazz to Country to Rock- There's a Sound for Everyone!

Comments: I'm a builder- currently working on designs for my up-and-coming guitar company- C.S. Guitars. I made a custom setup to try these single coils out on- even though I was not originally planning on considering them in my designs. I have a variety of amps and setups ranging from solid-state Crates to various hybrids and Peavey 5150 and Deuce tube combos. I put these single coils through a rigorous sound test to find what they truly were like. Needless to say, while I have since decided to return to the humbucker designs on my initial offerings, these pickups have given me a great new hope for the world of single coils. Don't second-guess your potential: Buy 'em, Try 'em, then Think...you'll be happy you listened to me first. Check out C.S. Guitars - a revolution in guitar thinking- coming soon!

Price Paid: US $249.95
Submitted 10/05/2003 at 05:01pm by Paul McConnell
Email: paulmcconnell<at>elitemail dot org

Features :

Pickup features: Unlike anything you've seen; It's a single humbucker without mud or pain.
Impedence or other specs: Strange, but intriguing beast here.

Instrument :

Model of guitar or bass: Squier Cherry-Burst Limited Edition Strat; best bang for the buck project Strat.
Pickup being replaced: Stock alnico single coils
Other pickups on guitar:
Artists using this pickup: Paul McConnell & the other really hip ones.
You musical style(s): Classic Rock, Blues, Funk
Reason for pickup change: Wanted single coil bliss without single coil hiss & something with some balls.

Perceived output level: Warm enought to raise the nipples on the bar maid in mid-winter Alaska!
Tone: Eargasmic! These are Tonally awesome. More bass than stock, mega-mids, silk high-end.
Sonic evaluation: I use only Vox ValveTronix amps. These pups do everything I demand of them. They are crystal clear, but not harsh, and have the balls of a charging Rhino coming right atcha!

For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable: Purrrfect for Roadhouse blues and Classic Rock...roll back the tone and metal is there too!

Comments: AGI-Lace is onto something special here folks. It has been 25 years since a product inspired me to want to gig out again; and almost nothing inspires me to want to write a review about it for Christ's sake! These pickups are IMHO the best after market item on the music scene right now...PERIOD. As a side note; I bought these pickups pre-wired in a Strat single-ply pickguard with pots, knobs, and switches all for $249.95. That can't be beat my friends. I challenge anyone to use these pickups and not be impressed. If so, then sell them to me used

Price Paid: US $249.95
Submitted 10/01/2003 at 09:26pm by Paul McConnell
Email: paulmcconnell at elitemail<dot>org

Features :

Pickup features: Passive Aluminum Framed Trans-sensor Strat Replacement
Impedence or other specs: hotter than standard single coils, more bottom, noiseless

Instrument :

Model of guitar or bass: Cherry-Burst Stratocaster
Pickup being replaced: stock strat pups
Other pickups on guitar:
Artists using this pickup: Paul McConnell - Ulterior Motives Band
You musical style(s): Blues, Classic Rock, Funk, Progressive Fusion
Reason for pickup change: Lace AlumiTones are their own entity. Nothing even comes close! These pups must be played to be appreciated; nuff said?

Perceived output level: These pups can easily heat even the coolest Blues Club and get it sauna-like by closing time!
Tone: Huge bottom with NO MUD. Neck to bridge covers ALL imaginable tones...utterly amazing!
Sonic evaluation: I use Vox Valvetronix AD120VT 2x12 Combo & Vox Valvetronix AD120VT head w/4x12 Celestion NeoDog Cabinet.

For which styles and positions is this pickup (un)suitable: The only pups I've EVER played that covers the entire spectrum of tones; NO SHIT! Awesome.

Comments: It is impossible to convey the inspiration these pups have given me with the written word. I emplore you to do whatever it takes to get a set of these into whatever you are playing. I'd bet my reputation on them! These are sonically superior to anything out there now and in the foreseeable future. I bought the entire set; pre-wired in the pickguard complete with pots, ect...It takes literally just seconds to install the new pups/pickguard. I've been playing for 26+ years and these are hands down the best sounding, most versatile, strangest appearing pups I've used.
jzu
  • jzu
  • MP
  • Publié par
    jzu
    le 09 Jun 07, 17:55
Oui, enfin, l'URL suffit. Ou alors tu traduis.

Je viens d'essayer les humbuckers et c'est génial. Le son est clair, précis, pas boueux pour un sou et avec de la présence. On le savait déjà mais ce qui n'est pas évident, c'est qu'il se passe quelque chose sous le médiator, et il faut jouer avec pour s'en rendre compte. Rien à voir donc avec les Lace Sensor ou les EMG. Ils étaient montés sur une vieille Aria Pro II : la guitare n'est donc pour pas grand-chose dans ce que j'ai entendu. J'hésite à associer le son à d'autres marques mais s'il le fallait absolument, je les placerais plutôt entre Fender et Gretsch.

Le design est bien trouvé même s'ils sont légèrement plus petits que des humbuckers standard (bizarre et gênant, il faudrait des rings spécifiques ?) et la technologie reste bluffante : je n'y comprends toujours rien.
Invité
Alors????

ça donne quoi?
AbsintheRTP
je me demande qu'est-ce que ça donne comme range en humbucker...
style Seymour Duncan 59? Gibson PAF? ... ou en position bridge?
AbsintheRTP
ultimeus a écrit :
voila quelques avis :

Price Paid: USD 993

QUOI!!???
993 $??

EDIT : vérification par ebay : Ok, 99.30$, ouf! , mais mettons que c'Est le meme prix qu'un EMG 81!
AbsintheRTP
alors. yen est-ce que certain d'entre vous on trouver un soundtrack en version humbucker?
grizzli68
Je n'y comprends toujours rien ben moi non plus...

1° il faut quand même des aimants...
2° Tavailler en basse impédance cad en courant et pas en tension ok pourquoi pas mais il faut des mV à l'entré de l'ampli...à moins qu'il y ai un transfo d'impédance inclus dans le micro...

Bizarre Bizarre
jzu
  • jzu
  • MP
  • Publié par
    jzu
    le 24 Apr 08, 23:06
Merci pour le lien et j'ai presque tout compris, sauf peut-être l'essentiel. Que veut dire « générer du courant » par opposition à « générer du voltage » ? Le courant dans le circuit micro - ampli n'est-il pas déterminé par l'impédance de l'entrée de l'ampli ? Oui, la petite bobine à l'intérieur est bien un transfo, méeuh, et alors ?

En ce moment sur accessoires et Lutherie...