Ben Harper à Brest

Désolé que ça soit en anglais mais j'suis trop fainéant pour le reatper en français

BEN HARPER & THE INNOCENT CRIMINALS.
Nov. Friday the 21st

6.30pm. Opening of the doors.
8.00pm. We’re eady for the show, we all begin to scream and shout.
8.30pm. It’s so long…
9.00pm. Lights are turned off. The show begins.

Excuse Me Mister : a total different version from the album. I would say that it’s a reggae-rock or rock-reggae style. Anyway something loud and lively enough to warn us that Ben and his fellows are in great shape and mood, ready to deliver us an excellent show.
Brown Eyed Blues : I knew thanks to the cd included with the live dvd that the bass solo would be executed during that song. The solo is nearly the same save it lasts longer, longer… Juan Nelson is impressive, musically and physically. His bass must be part of himself to play with such easiness.
Temporary Remedy : Ben takes his chair and sits down, makes his guitar screaming 2 or 3 huge and heavy sounds. I say to myself « is he going to play Ground On Down ? ». Then he plays a short slide solo. Temporary Remedy rocks a lot.
Touch From Your Lust : Great atmosphere. How can I explain, there is that powerful minor chord that the the other guitarist lets ringing. It goes through my whole body.
Alone : Pure rock in my hears. That’s so good. The solo is scarcely recognizable save the end.
Please Me Like You Want To : The bass line is perfect. One of these songs that is quiet and cooling. When She Believe : Very hard to concentrate on that one ‘cuz four drunk people are in my zone and of course they can’t stop shouting. I cross my fingers for them to leave. Once their glasses empty they went away.
Everything : Here is the Blues song. During his solo he plays softer & softer and all of a sudden it’s louuuuuuuud and it gives me a start.
Steal My Kisses : Juan Nelson slides his ring on his strings to announce us what’s coming. Another bass solo that is great once more. He first does his solo then does it and sings the notes at the same time and then follows it and whistles on it. Now Ben goes to Leon Mobley’s percussion and plays them a lot. Great moment.
Diamonds On The Inside : Probably the only song that leaves me not indifferent but I simply listen to it. To me that song could be played by anyone else. Hopefully the only one of his whole repertoire.
Faded/Whole Lotta Love : Great great song. The endless solo before Whole Lotta Love nearly destroyed my hearing. I just closed my eyes & let his creation enter in me. Led Zeppelin cover always rock ! !
ENCORE 1.
Ben appears alone but undeniably not lonely on the stage and sits down. It’s time for the acoustic songs.
Widow Of A Living Man : One of my favorite songs. I don’t know why it always takes my breath away. So glad that he plays that one.
Walk Away : Everybody sings with him. It becomes hard to hear Ben’s voice.
I Shall Not Walk Alone : Again a great song but I’m so used to listening to it with The Blind Boys Of Alabama that I have the impression that something’s missing.
ENCORE 2.
The boys are back.
When It’s Good : They come back. Bluesy. Again we madly shout and clap in our hands. He waits before beginning and then he gently asks us to stop ‘cuz our hand clapping prevent him from concentrating on the song rhythm. We bring him silence and it rolls again
Sexual Healing : Nothing to say. The perfect song. Thanks for Marvin Gaye.
Forgiven : I’m crazy this concert is really fantastic. The intro is the same as on Live From Mars but shorter. The drums are really loud. Vibrations shake my whole boby. It’s f**king hot in the hall and yet I feel thrills.
Burn One Down : I’m finally and totally reconciled with that song. « My choice is what I chose to do » I’ve got mine too. Leon Mobley also does his solo on a box right in the middle of the stage. At then of the song Ben makes us reapeat after him some singers’« sentences » then he simply make us shout for at least one minute. At that moment space and time don’t exist anymore, that’s pure sharing, both him and the audience making one. That how I feel it.
ENCORE 3.
Here they are again ! ! ! What are they going to play ?
With My Own Two Hands/War : One…two…three…four… They end as they began, Reggae. Bob Marley’s song sung by Harper and his Innocent Criminals is good. They’re the ones to make me appreciate reggae. They gather in the center of the stage, salute us, wave goodbye. White aggressive lights are turned on back, a hard coming back to reality

En ce moment sur concerts...