26 SEC
Pour en profiter
x

Album solo JOHN PETRUCCI

Rappel du dernier message de la page précédente :
Flying Merlin
Skelter a écrit :
Commandé.

Au fait, t'avais deja commandé chez Petrucci?? C'est juste pour savoir si c'est aussi rapide qu'avec bumblefoot et si c'est aussi sécurisé... Car avec bumblefoot, c'est 4 jours et c'est vachement bien. Je voulais savoir si la boutique Petrucci était aussi performante... (j'ai eut du mal à traduire les conditions d'achat pour l'achat à l'étranger... ). Ok, ça serait cool que tu me réponde assez rapidement, merci!!!!
Belushan
Id a écrit :
les extraits sont sympa, çà donne envie.

+1...très cool d'avoir mis un extrait d'1min30 !!!
de ce qu'on peut entendre c'est surprise mais comme on aime
si vous souhaitez créer un site web sympa http://www.biozlab.com
Toto_M
ori a écrit :
c aressemble a du liquid tension experiment ou a du dream theater ou on s'eloigne un peu?

Même pas, si on s'en tient aux extraits sur son site et sur le DVD Rock Discipline : ça tient plus du shred que d'autre chose

J'éspère que ceux qui ont commandé l'album pourront dire le contraire.
ori
  • ori
  • Vintage Cool utilisateur
  • MP
  • Publié par
    ori
    le 07 Mar 05, 08:42
de toute facon je ne serai pas etone que cela soit du shred..... et pourtant je l'ai tant aimé....
Que celui qui n'a jamais dormi avec sa guitare ou sa basse me jette la premiere pierre...
ebmmjp
Toto_M a écrit :
Même pas, si on s'en tient aux extraits sur son site et sur le DVD Rock Discipline : ça tient plus du shred que d'autre chose

Bah pas d'accord... Les extraits de Rock Discipline pour moi ce n'est pas du shred, contrairement à la majorité des solos de ToT... C'est beaucoup plus mélodique à mon avis.

Donc moi : album commandé
Par contre 4 à 6 semaines d'attente à priori...
Nestor666
ca me tue ca s'il a envie de sortir un album solo bien shred je vois pas ou es le probleme, il s'est jamais pose de limite sur les cds de dream theater....
il a toujours joue ce qu'il a eu envie et compose dans ce sens et c'est tant mieux ca ne plaira de toute facon pas a tout le monde et quelque c'est tant mieux...
"I'm just inspired by everyday life. I find it very wondrous. There is so much to reflect upon, to write about, to dream about, and to hope for."

Joe Satriani
ori
  • ori
  • MP
  • Publié par
    ori
    le 07 Mar 05, 11:47
ok nestor tu aimes le shred et moi c'ets le cote chez Petrucci que je deteste le plus.
Y a un probleme, j'ai fait du mal a quelqu'un?
J'ai deconseillé le disque?
J'ai dit que c'etait de la merde?
Je parle de mes gouts qui n'engagent qu'une personne au monde je peux sans que ca te tue?
Faut se detendre des fois....
Que celui qui n'a jamais dormi avec sa guitare ou sa basse me jette la premiere pierre...
Nestor666
aucun souci c'est juste qu'on peut dire sans probleme que les solos de TOT sont que de la demo sans se faire huer alors que si par malheur on pense le contraire c'est fini et on s'en prend plein la tete...
"I'm just inspired by everyday life. I find it very wondrous. There is so much to reflect upon, to write about, to dream about, and to hope for."

Joe Satriani
ori
  • ori
  • MP
  • Publié par
    ori
    le 07 Mar 05, 11:56
moi j'adore ce que fait Petrucci sur "when dreams and day unite", "images and words", "awake" et la moitie de "scene from a memory" ainsi que ses oncursion au sein du "explorer's club".
Sinon je trouve qu'au fil des annees son jeu a perdu en finesse (le solo de under a glass moon est un des alliages les plus parfaits qu'il m'ait ete donne d'ecouter entre technique et feeling) et est devenu beauocup trop demonstratif, au depend de la finesse.
Voila Nestor, et si tu penses le contraire c'est ton droit le plus strict.
On est en forum, pas en dictature!
Nestor666
voila une review de l'album:

1. "Jaws of Life"

Very heavy opening riff using the seven string, good melody reminiscent of Satch's melodies when he uses a crybaby. Nice unison guitars. The solo is pure John Petrucci and reminds me of the best parts of Liquid Tension Experiment's second album. Mind you, I'm much more a fan of John Petrucci's rhythm playing than of his solo playing. His solos are incredible, but his true strength lies in his rhythm playing, in my opinion, and the rhythm guitars are incredible on this track.

2. "Glasgow Kiss"

Sounds very Steve Morse-ish, and that's a very good thing. Although not my favorite track on the album, it's still very good. The clean interlude and the following buildup also sounds like Liquid Tension Experiment's second album. The end of the song sounds like "The Introduction"-era Steve Morse, with heavier guitars.

3. "Tunnel Vision"

By far my favorite track on the album. The intro seems inspired by Satch's "Engines of Creation", quasi techno. Some serious open-string riffing ensues, which reminds me of Satch's "Banana Mango". Dave DiCenso absolutely shines on this track, and it's a good thing John Petrucci has him playing instead of Mike Portnoy. The part at 2:40 is absolutely amazing! It reminds me of old-school videogame music, the kind of stuff you heard on the Commodore 64, composed by Benn Daglish et al. Amazing open-string work there too, I think this is the part that must've inspired the cover of the album.

4. "Wishful Thinking"

A ballad with passable melodies. Not only am I a fan of John Petrucci's rhythm work more than of his solos, I am also a fan of his heavier stuff more than of his ballads. I understand the point of ballads if it's 1987 and this is one of the first solo guitars out, i.e., one might expect to get minimal airplay. But on this record, I really don't know why there is a ballad... It's all right, but definitely not my favorite. There are some tasty bluesy licks in the end solo, however...

5. "Damage Control"

Another heavy-riffing song. We all have heard this one before, and it does not disappoint in its album version. The fast part in the middle is also very Steve Morse-ish. There is some serious alternate picking going in the solo that's in the middle of this part. The part that has been posted as an exercise on PowerTabs.net is there, played flawlessly and very fast. Amazingly so, in fact!

6. "Curve"

The weak point of the album, in my opinion. It's something that you would expect from Satch's latter albums, but not from John Petrucci's first solo album (more on this later). The song is essentially in the Lydian mode. There are some fast unisons, with amazing alternate picking, but the song leaves me a bit indifferent. I know those of you who attended the clinic at RMA loved it, but I don't know. Nothing to write home about.

7. "Lost Without You"

Another ballad, but this one is strictly better than the fourth track. Tasty bluesy playing. For some reason, it reminds me of Satch's cover of "All Alone", the Billie Holiday song, up to a certain point. There's an almost jazzy part in the middle. It's not bad, but as I said, this type of song is not my cup of tea, so I know that in six months, when I listen to the album again after not having listened to the album for a while, I'll skip the fourth and seventh track and go for the heavier stuff.

8. "Animate-Inanimate"

The Harmonic Minor song on the album! The opening riff is heavy and dark, and although it did remind CudBucket of "Home", it doesn't remind me of it. This is the most progressive song on the album, as it clocks in at over 11 and a half minutes... The second part, which begins at around 4:20, is very trippy (no pun intended), sounds almost like Led Zeppelin. The opening riff then comes back in, and it then sounds very much like something off of "Scenes from a Memory"... This is the song that is closest to what we are used to, i.e. it's very close to something that Dream Theater would play.

Joe Satriani
roguewar85
ça a l'air bien sympathique,faut voir ce que ça va donner mais ça s'annonce plutot prometteur
Fre@k
ça a l'air bien excellent (ayant entendu les extraits), l'intro de glasgow est terrible
b@tteur de 3ème zone ...
roguewar85
Si ça vous interesse j'ai une video live du morceau glasgow kiss,qui est pas mal du tout,par contre,elle fait 35 mo et je ne sais pas torp ou est ce que je pourrais l'heberger (mon hebergement etant limité a des fichiers de 4mo)
roguewar85
Chobo a écrit :
roguewar85 a écrit :
Ami petruccistes ,j'ai retrouvé le lien ou je l'avais telechargé,regalez vous :
http://elvis.rowan.edu/~jorcha(...)].asf

Ca vient du G3 non?

Je ne suis pas sur et certain mais il me semble que ça vient du g3 2001 de passage a new york

En ce moment sur groupes / artistes pros...