Samples ENGL SE 6L6 + Torpedo VB-101

Forum Engl
Forums
Rappel du dernier message de la page précédente :
PM.
  • Publié par
    PM.
    le 03 May 09, 19:24
ah ça c sur qu'il y a de quoi trifouiller !

Le VHT 2x12 c'est mon mien
Je veux que c'est mon baffle perso qui a servi a la prise de son Two Notes, je ne voulais pas dire que j'avais le même !
djabthrash
PM. a écrit :
ah ça c sur qu'il y a de quoi trifouiller !

Le VHT 2x12 c'est mon mien
Je veux que c'est mon baffle perso qui a servi a la prise de son Two Notes, je ne voulais pas dire que j'avais le même !

Ok !

Bah bizarrement je trouve que le VHT 212 du Torpedo sonne mieux que le VHT412 ... le tien c'est un Deliverance avec des P50E comme le 412 ?
PM.
  • Publié par
    PM.
    le 03 May 09, 20:02
Ben je trouve aussi que le rendu change !
Le mien est effectivement un 2x12 de la série Delivrence en P50E comme tous les VHT actuels.
Il faut dire que le 2x12 Delivrance est particulièrement haut pour un 2x12 : 60cm environ et il n'y a "que" 2 HP dedans, du coup ca doit plus "respirer" que dans le 4x12 qui ne doit pas être 2 fois plus volumineux bien qu'ayant 2 fois plus de HP.
djabthrash
PM. a écrit :
Ben je trouve aussi que le rendu change !
Le mien est effectivement un 2x12 de la série Delivrence en P50E comme tous les VHT actuels.
Il faut dire que le 2x12 Delivrance est particulièrement haut pour un 2x12 : 60cm environ et il n'y a "que" 2 HP dedans, du coup ca doit plus "respirer" que dans le 4x12 qui ne doit pas être 2 fois plus volumineux bien qu'ayant 2 fois plus de HP.

oki doki
djabthrash
A peu près la même chose (comparo combinaisons baffles/hps/mics) dans un contexte de mix cette fois
djabthrash
Après remaniement de mes réglages sur l'ampli (plus de mids et de presence, passage au mode 100w plutôt que 50w) et du post fx sur le torpedo (intégration de l'EQ dans la chaîne avec le boost à 800 Hz très utile notamment, amélioration de l'exciter voire parfois baisse du % de l'effet), j'ai refait quelques samples vite fait.

Attention : cordes vieilles de 6 mois, jeu plein de pains/à l'arrache complet, et passage par la sortie analogique du torpedo au lieu du spdif donc légère détérioration du signal dûe à une conversion N->A->N supplémentaire...

Les 3 samples ont les combinaisons suivantes :

1) Engl412 V30 + condenser Blue Dragonfly
2) Engl412 V30 + SM57
3) Mesa 412 V30 rectifier standard open + Royer R121

Les samples ainsi que les détails ici :

p.s : for you English speakers :

Recently i've been using new amp settings (added more mids and presence, used the 100w mode instead of 50w) and new Torpedo post fx settings (using the brand new built-in 5-band EQ feature, especially the 800Hz boost, not to mention the slight exciter improvement update, which i reduced for some samples). On this new basis i quickly did some new clips.

While listening keep in mind the following : the strings are 6 months old, the playing is sloppy as hell, and I had an extra useless element in the signal chain that may have caused a slight signal deterioration (using the analog out instead of the SPDIF out, causing an extra digital->analog->digital conversion)

The 3 clips i've made have the following combinations :

1) Engl412 V30 + Blue Dragonfly condenser
2) Engl412 V30 + SM57
3) Mesa 412 V30 rectifier standard open + Royer R121

Check the clips and details using the link below :
djabthrash
Guillaume_Pille a écrit :
Ouah, quel boulot, bravo !!!

Merci !

Là je pense que c'est pas trop significatif encore (car 1 seule guitare seule + les raisons invoquées plus haut) ...

Je vais faire des vrais (2 guitares hard pannées de chaque côté, dans un mix, cordes neuves, bien joué, utilisation de la sortie SPDIF donc signal fidèle) samples bientôt, et là je pense que ça va charcler sévère, et bien sûr je posterai ça ici.

EDIT : j'ai découvert au passage que je préférais le Cab Recto 412 Ouvert à celui fermé, et que le micro Bass RE20 (ou un truc du genre) sonne super bien aussi pour le genre de son que j'aime sur les baffles que j'utilise déjà
djabthrash
New samples recorded yesterday (dual-tracked guitars, hard-panned on each side, in a mix context, still shitty old strings though), see the 2009-12-11 samples below (details included) :

I think i might have overdone the "let's cut the low-end/low mids and focus on the good mids" thingie, hence my clips lacking some low-end/lo mids, so i brought some back with a wide 400Hz boost on post EQ.

Also i can't seem to make up my mind between the Condenser Mic and the SM57. I like the character/overall tone of the first one, but the second one seems clearer and more mix-friendly. So i tried to combine them (one on each side) to see if i can get the best of both worlds without having a tonal inbalance (i.e guitar tones too different from one side to another) as a downside.
djabthrash
New clips (dual-tracked guitars, hard-panned on each side, in a mix context and solo-ed, brand new strings this time, Torpedo built-in EQ changes to cut less lows/low mids/body and increase the mids/highs attack/agressivity/sharpness), see the 2009-12-17 samples below (details included) :

This time i cut less Lows/Low mids in the Torpedo built in EQ than last time, i also boosted some mids/hi mids/highs & exciter (@3Hz for attack) a bit more. Finally i reduced the guitars volume a bit to fit the mix (since i boosted frequencies that make them cut through better beforehand) and let the bass & drums be heard.

I still can't seem to make up my mind between the Condenser Mic and the SM57.

My ideal tone would be clear/defined/detailed, yet "agressive/face-ripping/razor sharp", not too modern-sounding, well basically something along the lines of Pantera (agressive/face-ripping/razor sharp), Pennywise (punk-rock-ish), & Alice in chains (rock/crunch/chunk).
djabthrash
New clips (dual-tracked guitars, hard-panned on each side, in a mix context and solo-ed, brand new strings this time, Torpedo built-in EQ & Exciter changes to cut even less lows/low mids/body and increase the mids/highs attack/agressivity/sharpness), see the 2009-12-20 samples below (details included) :

Compared to my previous clips (2009-12-17) i raised the bass knob a wee bit (+ 0,5) on my amp EQ and raised each of the Torpedo built-in EQ knobs a tad (+1) and the exciter value (+2%) also.

I also gave the MD421 mic a try, but i kept the same settings as with my SM57 patch. It sounds decent but i guess i need to adjust the settings to the MD421 to get a better tone.

Also in addition to the usual punk-rock-ish snippet, i posted clips of some other songs that sound more metal/HxC.

DISCLAIMER : the playing is SLOPPY AS FUCK (a lotta huge mistakes here)
djabthrash
I just recorded a MERAUDER cover using my ENGL SE 6L6 + Torpedo VB-101.

Clips (one with the full mix, one with guitars only) and detailed signal chain info can be found here :
Compared to my previous clips from 2009-12-22 (the ones using the ENGL412V30 cab + Blue Dragonfly Condenser mic), the differences are the following :

* the master volume on my amp is slightly higher
* i dropped the Exciter value significantly on the torpedo, since it was adding too much junk to the tone
* no post-EQ on guitars (not even HP-LP) in Cubase this time
djabthrash
Same stuff as the clip i posted on 2009-12-22, except that this time i did the following :

*lowered the guitars
*lowered the overheads
*raised the bass

I think it sounds more balanced this way and my mix sounds better, you tell me (see the 2010-02-15 clips) :
djabthrash
Quick guitar riff cover of SEVERE TORTURE's Serenity Torn Asunder :

Keep in mind the clip is sloppily played, and also slower/tuned lower then the original song.

See the link above for more details on the signal chain.
djabthrash
I just recorded a RAG MEN cover using my ENGL SE 6L6 + Torpedo VB-101.

Clips (one with the full mix, one with guitars only) and detailed signal chain info can be found here :
djabthrash
Recorded some test guitars real quick with the last 36 Crazyfists'Bloodwork backing track i posted yesterday (direct link and info :

En ce moment sur effet guitare et Engl...